In an emergency can we find you?
Is your address large and easy to read at all times from the street or road fronting your property?
- Address numbers and letters should be a minimum of 4 inches in height with a stroke width of .5 inches
- Address numbers and letters should be contrasting with their background
- At night well lit or reflective address numbers help with visibility
- Address signs posted at the street need to be visible when traveling from either direction
- In some cases it may be necessary to post multiple address signs due to the length of the access road
Help us help you when you need it the most! During an emergency properly marked addresses can make the difference in a life and death situation.
Address Sign Program
Our fire district manufactures address signs that are practical and easy to read. These signs are available to residents, for a cost of $10.00, for those who live within our Fire Protection or Ambulance Service Areas.
The signs are:
- 6" by 12" in size, with reflective numbers on both sides
- Mounted horizontally on a post and installed in a location that is visible from the road
- Not designed for mounting on structures
- Installed by Redmond Fire and Rescue fire crews
What if I have a sign but it is hard to read?
If your current sign looks like one of these pictured above, or is damaged, it needs to be replaced! Replacement signs are available through the fire district at no cost.
How do I get a new or replacement sign?
You can complete the following form and drop it by or mail it to our station located at:
Redmond Fire and Rescue
341 NW Dogwood Ave.
Redmond, OR 97756
Or contact us at 541-504-5000 Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 5:00pm
Payment must be received at the time of request. Payment can be made by check, cash, or credit card either by phone or at the location above.
ADDRESS SIGN REQUEST FORM